BLM Supporting Business Sues Seattle Over ‘CHOP’ Zone Destruction

A business that trumpeted its pro-Black Lives Matter position filed suit recently against Seattle for “extensive property [damage]” caused by the leftist radicals’ actions in 2020.

Molly Moon’s Homemade Ice Cream publicly declared its support for the autonomous zone Capitol Hill Occupied Protest, or “CHOP.” Now the Seattle-based chain wants compensation for BLM and Antifa’s “hostile occupation,” according to KIRO-FM.

It was the summer of 2020 and the height of the George Floyd riots and the “defund the police” movement. Protesters took over several blocks around the ice cream store’s Capitol Hill outlet and claimed it for their own.

According to the lawsuit, Seattle’s leaders abandoned the location. It was subsequently “unchecked by the police, unserved by fire and emergency health “services, and inaccessible to the public at large.”

The filing further claimed that the city promoted the “hostile occupation” by BLM and Antifa of the area.

The owners of Molly Moon’s complain that they were deprived of their “constitutional rights.” However, they tried to balance their legal action by asserting they are not attempting “to undermine CHOP participant’s message or present a counter message.”

In other words, they want to have their cake and eat it too.

The suit stated that the city, after abandoning the neighborhood, provided “material support” and even encouraged the “occupation.” By doing so, Seattle brought about “extensive property damage” to businesses, workers, and those living in the Capitol Hill area.

Molly Moon has an interesting social media presence, sharing postings on “voting with a felony,” promoting abortion and supporting LGBT causes.

The suit was one of two filed recently against the city for its actions — or inactions — during 2020’s hostile takeover by left-wing radicals. A father whose teenage son was killed in the CHOP zone during the uprising also filed suit against Seattle.

Antonio Mays Sr. said that his 16-year-old son, Antonio Mays Jr., traveled to the city from California to be part of what he thought was a “peaceful protest.”

The suit said that, “sadly, Antonio soon realized there was nothing peaceful about CHOP.” The teenager was shot and killed there, and there has not been an arrest made in the case.